At Central Sexual Health, we run an Express STI testing service most weekdays. This is a testing clinic for people who would like a routine sexual health check-up and have no signs or symptoms of an infection.
The check-up includes tests for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV and Syphilis.
The clinic is available to anyone who is at low risk of HIV and hepatitis and includes tests for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV and Syphilis.
Take this quick self-assessment to see if the clinic is right for you.
- Are you aged 17 years old or under?
- Do you have new symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection (e.g. recent onset of unusual discharge or bleeding, pain passing urine following sex without a condom, pain in the testicles, pain in the lower stomach, genital ulcers, etc)?
- Have you had condomless sex with someone who you are aware has untreated HIV or hepatitis?
- Have you been sexually assaulted?
- Have you injected drugs yourself or had sex with someone who injects drugs?
- Have you had condomless sex with someone from a country with high rates of HIV or viral hepatitis (if unsure, please check with a nurse)?
- Have you given or received sex in exchange for money, drugs, or a place to stay?
- Would you like to discuss any sexual and reproductive health concerns with someone from our clinical team?
- Are you a Gay or Bisexual man who has sex with men who:
- has not attended Central Sexual Health or any another sexual health service for a full consultation before?
- requires HPV and/or Hepatitis A and B vaccination?
- requires advice about PEP or PREP?
If you answer NO to all these questions this clinic is suitable for you.
If eligible, book your appointment below.
- Select ‘STI testing – no symptoms’ and ‘Express testing’.
- You will be asked a series of questions to make the booking.
- You will be offered options for available appointments.
- If there are no available appointments, please check again the following morning for new appointments being released
You can also call us on 01324 673554 to book an appointment.
If you answer YES to any question, we DO NOT recommend you use the Express Testing clinic. Please contact us to book a telephone triage appointment, and we can advise you about which clinic would be most suitable for you. Booking line: 01324 673554
What to expect at the clinic
At the appointment you will see a clinical support worker (CSW) who will take your tests.
- For chlamydia and gonorrhea, you will be asked to provide a self-taken swab/s or a urine test. Staff will support you to do this at the clinic.
- For HIV and syphilis, we will ask to take a blood sample from your arm to be tested.
Please note, this is an Express testing clinic.
- we are not able to test for Hepatitis A, B or C at this clinic.
- you will not be examined,
- the clinical support worker will not be able to answer health questions or offer any additional screening.
- the clinical support worker will not be able to provide pregnancy testing, contraception, or vaccinations.
- Results will be available via the automated phone line, details of this will be provided at your appointment.